Re: setting xterm title with -T doesn't work

>On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 10:04:38AM +0200, Andras Lorincz wrote:
>> When starting xterm I would like to set the title with -T
>>"string" option,
>> but it has no effect. Instead appears the title with the hostname
>>and
>> current path. Why does xterm ignore the -T option?
>
>It doesn't.  Your shell prompt is setting the title to what you see
>after
>xterm sets it to whatever you're putting in with '-T'.
>
>--
>Marc Wilson |     Most people have a mind that's open by
>appointment
>msw@cox.net |     only.

This has been a known problem, I believe it is in some bug reports.
I believe that most modern windows managers have this problem, I
know gnome, fluxbox, and kde don't work with the -T option.

You can some what get a work around this by using the -e option.  It
is not the best solution, as you will loose the terminal if you
close the program.  But I do it with top, and a dnetc client all
the time as these are always up. I always use them with the
background option of & so I have the current terminal window I
start it with useable.

Gnu_Raiz