Re: sudo doesn't set HOME

Jon Dowland wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 04:21:05AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom
> wrote:
> > 1.6.8p7-1.3 does not set some ENV variables because it was
> > deemed this was a security risk. As a result it functions
> > differently than previous versions and you have to fiddle
> > with sudoers to get it to behave as it did before.
>
> More precicely, 1.6.8p7-1.3 moves from a blacklist model
> (where known-dangerous environment variables were stripped)
> to a whitelist model (where you have to explicitly name the
> environment variables to retain in the sudoers file).

hi;
having a Debian 3.1r1 installed and doing;

$ sudo -V
Sudo version 1.6.8p7

I see I have 1.6.8p7 .. but am I to presume that no -1.3 (or any minor
version or revision?) is not displayed because it's non-existant on my
system and there's no need to display -0.0, where -1.3 resides at end
of version ?. IOW - I don't have the latest  version?... and my minor
version could be considered 1.6.8p7-0.0 ??

I'm new to linux and just curious and trying to understand the inner
workings.

Thanks