Re: Generate thumbnails

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 11:03:26AM -0500, Michael Marsh wrote:
On 3/6/06, Steve Block <scblock@ev-15.com> wrote:
The options are most definitely NOT supposed to come before the input
file. This changed in version 6.x to make the ImageMagick syntax more
consistent. The old behavior still works in certain situations, but
there are no guarantees.

Thanks for the correction.  I was working from the man page on my RHEL
box at work, which is for version 5.5.6.  I guess that means my
scripts are now broken.

That happened to me when I switched from a Mac OS X host with 5.somethingoranother from Fink to my current Debian host with 6.0.6.2.something. I had to rebuild several scripts that had 'mysteriously' stopped working.

The old syntax does something work, but not always, and my scripts all broke because of the change.

--
Steve Block
http://ev-15.com/