Re: Generate thumbnails

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 10:37:30AM -0500, Michael Marsh wrote:
On 3/6/06, Craig M. Houck <chouck@binghamton.edu> wrote:
What is any easy to use program to generate thumbnails from a 'full sized'
image?

convert or mogrify is probably the easiest.

I have tried many programs found using apt-cache search BUT either I am to
stoopid to figure them out or they really don't do what I want.

Fore xample:
convert image.JPG -resize 10% images.jpg complains.

It complains for two reasons:
1) The options are supposed to come before the input file (though it
might be smart enough to figure this out; and
2) Your -resize option is under-specified.

The options are most definitely NOT supposed to come before the input file. This changed in version 6.x to make the ImageMagick syntax more consistent. The old behavior still works in certain situations, but there are no guarantees.

--
Steve Block
http://ev-15.com/