Gnome desktop environment removed on Upgrading using synaptic

Hi all,

I have Debina Unstable running on my system. I tried to upgrade the system using synaptic from an official debian mirror. When I looked at the list of packages to be removed/installed/upgraded, I found that gnome-desktop-environment was to be removed. I thought the new version might have a replacement for this, so I went ahead with the updates.

But, now my system has no desktop environment, and when I try to install gnome-desktop-environment, it says that it can't install since gnomemeeting is uninstallable. When I tried to install gnomemeeting, it says that it can't install because it depends on libopenh323-1.18.0 which is uninstallable. When I tried to look for the package libopen323 version 1.18.0, it is nowhere to be found. The current version available for this package is 1.15.6.

Can anybody give me some idea how should I go about installing gnome-desktop-environment. Also, why are there dependcies of packages that have not yet been put into the repository.

Thanks in advance
Abhishek Verma