Re: Gnome desktop environment removed on Upgrading using synaptic

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 15:38 +0530, Abhishek Verma wrote:
> But, now my system has no desktop environment, and when I try to install
> gnome-desktop-environment, it says that it can't install since
> gnomemeeting is uninstallable. When I tried to install gnomemeeting, it
> says that it can't install because it depends on libopenh323-1.18.0
> which is uninstallable. When I tried to look for the package libopen323
> version 1.18.0, it is nowhere to be found. The current version available
> for this package is 1.15.6.

Install this missing file using "dpkg -i " and all will be installable
again:

http://people.debian.org/~kilian/pkg-voip/libopenh323-1.18.0_1.17.4-1_i386.deb

And here is how I fished for this information:

And here is the status of the above package in the ftpmaster's queue:

http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

--
Jason Clinton <me@jasonclinton.com>