Re: dh_python module dependencies..

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 09:36:31AM +0530, Varun Hiremath wrote:
> Hello, I am trying to build a debian package. I have some python
> scripts in my package. Now when I run dpkg_buildpackage it doesn't
> show the python-module dependencies. I mean to say that, Some of the
> scripts are importing beautifulsoup but dh_python doesn't show
> python-beautifulsoup as a dependency when I build. Even if I apt-get
> remove python-beautiful soup from my computer dpkg_buildpackage builds
> the package without giving an dependency errors. It means that it is
> not compiling the python scripts (.py to .pyc) and checking for module
> dependecy. How do i make dh_python compile all the python scripts.  I
> tried using pbuilder and that also does not show module dependencies.
> Do I need to specify all the module dependencies explicitly in the
> "./debian/control" control file or is there a better way of
> identifying all the python module dependencies.
>
> Thank You.
Hi Varun,
at least from my point of view, your question is more about developing
software for debian than about being an enduser of debian which would
make it not specifically within the realm of 'debian-user'. I would
suggest that this is better asked on either the debian-mentors list
where people who are new to debian development can ask questions or to
the debian-devel list where debian development is only discussed.
Anyway, keep up the good work.  One of debian's developers (Jahldar
Vyas) went to India last year to get more folks involved. Hopefully you
can get involved and being a NM(new maintainer).
Cheers,
Kev