Re: mount previously formatted linux drive

At 04:13 PM 3/4/2006, Olafur Jens Sigurdsson wrote:

Did you try to mount it with the following line?

mount -t ext2 /dev/hdb /path/to/mountpoint

Thanks Oli. This seems fine, I guess.

Will explain a bit more detail. My install just finished this afternoon. I've got 3 ide's and only hda got used during install. So first I mounted hdd to familiarize myself. That reported some errors on the console but after umounting, running e2fsck and re-mounting nothing showed on the console.

So I've been following the same procedure for hdb. However where hdd is 6 GB, hdb is 1/4 TB; reported tons of errors on the console and I imagine will be running e2fsck for some time. Will write back if any difficulties come up.

Marty

Marty Landman, Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387
Webmaster's Bulletin Board: http://bbs.face2interface.com/
Web Installed Formmail: http://face2interface.com/formINSTal