Re: dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

Doofus <doofus@bulldoghome.com> writes:

> But now I'm even more confused. Ideally I'd like to understand why it
> suddenly works. Everything I've found on the net describes the great
> difficulty in configuring this laptop to run correctly at
> 1400x1050. Some X config files I've found (which didn't work) contain
> 1400x1050 modelines like yours above. However, I can't see any
> reference to that resolution in the now running config built by the
> nVidia installer which seems to work fine. I've quoted the original
> flawed XF86Config file and also the modified version that the nVidia
> installer produced. Can anyone here tell me why it works?

Hmm the modelines are almost identical, your sure your desktop is at
1400x1050?
xdpyinfo | grep dimensions should confirm it. If it is then I am not
sure why the file dosent reflect that unless there is some sort of
auto-detection that happens first.

--
-----Angelina Carlton-----
orchid on irc.freenode.net