Re: mount previously formatted linux drive

Marty Landman <mlandman@face2interface.com> wrote:
> hdb is a 250gb linux drive from an old redhat installation on this box
> which has data on it I would like to keep.

For temporary access a simple mount command using an exisitng mountpint
will do. If you goal is to have the disk mounted in the boot process you
need to edit /etc/fstab (and possibly create a mount point).

> During the Woody install I attempted
> to mount hdb but was told that the mount point was invalid. I tried a
> variety of them.

What mountpoints did you try? Did they exist?

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel                          Tel. +49-8161-71 2131
Dept. of Genome Oriented Bioinformatics    Fax. +49-8161-71 2186