Re: Play 3gp file in gnome debian linux.

Known Issues:
 - mplayer hangs up after one second if file is playing through alsa
    ->use option -ao with parameter esd or oss

This is exactly what I am experiencing on the latest version of Mplayer for Marillat repo's ( see other d-u thread 'Mplayer and Alsa bug?' ). The problem is it's not just 3gp files it does this on

Lo and behold the latest version of mplayer will play 3gp files, just tested it. At least I now know whats causing the problem.

Thankyou

Wackojacko