Re: Play 3gp file in gnome debian linux.

Surachai Locharoen wrote:
what program can play 3ogp file in gnome shell?

I use mplayer for play it. but there is not sound. Could you sugguest any program?

Kan
There is a HOWTO about what you need but in Russian - http://tolik.org/articles/amr.html

I'll try to translate this. Sorry for my bad English.

Since there are some legal issues MPlayer will be built without support of amr format but you can build it by yourself using some third part's files.

At the beginig you need to download MPlayer through anonymous CVS:

  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer login
  cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer co -P main

When you will be asked for a password just press "Enter". The directory "main" will be created in the current directory

MPlayer depends on some libraries from FFmpeg(libavcodec, libavformat and libavutil). So you need to get it too:

  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg login
  cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/ffmpeg co -P ffmpeg

The directory "ffmpeg" will be created. Then copy from "ffmpeg" subdirectories "libavcodec", "libavformat" and "libavutil" to main.

Then read comment in file mplayer/libavcodec/amr.c, download files listed there( or alternatively you can download newer versions following links:

  http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/archive/26_series/26.104/26104-610.zip
  http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/archive/26_series/26.204/26204-600.zip

) and extract them :

26204-600.zip/26204-600_ANSI-C_source_code.zip/c-code into main/libavcodec/amrwb_float 26104-610.zip/26104-610_ANSI_C_source_code.zip/c-code into main/libavcodec/amr_float

Finally you need to configure package and to compile it:

  ./configure --enable-amr_wb --enable-amr_nb --prefix=/usr
  make
  make install

or build a debian package and install it through dpkg

Known Issues:
 - mplayer hangs up after one second if file is playing through alsa
	->use option -ao with parameter esd or oss

--
WBR

Demjan