Re: SOLVED: Cannot reconfigure xserver-xorg after upgrade to testing (Etch)

Chris Lale wrote:

I renamed /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 anyway. dpkg-reconfigure still offered the choice of servers to configure ie xorg _and_ xfree.

I got that too, when I moved from Sarge to Etch. I don't understand why, since XFree was supposed to have been removed...and, actually, was removed. Attempting to configure XFree had no effect, though the dpkg-reconfigure routine went through the motions.

--
Michael