Re: CUPS, Sarge/Debian/GNU/Linux and Mac OS X

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 08:34:40AM -0800, Casey T. Deccio wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 13:17 -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> > BrowseAddress @LOCAL
> >
> > <Location /printers>
> > Order Deny,Allow
> > Deny From All
> > Allow From 127.0.0.1
> > Allow From 192.168.0.0/24
> > </Location>
> >
> > You do have to be using at least 10.2 in order for this to work, of course.
> >

> IIRC this worked for me on an earlier (10.2 or early 10.3) version of OSX.
> Unfortunately, I haven't gotten it to work on the most recent version of 10.3.
> In order to get CUPS to work, in addition to the above configuration (BrowseAddress)
> on the sarge box (BTW, BrowseAddress 192.168.255.255 should also work), I had to
> modify my cupsd.conf on the OSX box.  I added a BrowsePoll line to the file with
> the address of my sarge box.  That seemed to work just fine, except for when the
> laptop woke up from sleeping, in which case, it would not start polling again unless
> I restarted the printer services.
>
> Casey

I think my problem is with the actual printing of documents, not with
browsing to discover the printer. My setup allows the Macs to discover
the printer, they just can't use it to print a document. At least they
can't print with any config setting that I have tried.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net