Re: How long must a bug report be ignored before I escalate?

On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 08:04:15PM -0500, Ishwar Rattan wrote:
}
}
} On Sun, 26 Feb 2006, Gregory Seidman wrote:
}
} > Okay, different situation, same question. I submitted a wishlist bug,
} > with a patch, more than eight months ago. The desired change is simple
} > and the patch only alters/adds a few dozen lines in a single source
} > file. I've tested the patch and it works nicely. In fact, I've been
} > running my own patched package since then. Last month the maintainer
}
} If it working for you, enjoy it. Maintainers just maintain the packages
} to the best of available resources to them (time is one of them).

So it's not just that I want it "fixed." I want my contribution to be made
available to others.

} -ishwar
--Greg