Re: Squirrelmail bug is actually (partly?) Apt bug

On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 09:59:29PM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:

> If you had to grab the dpkg files and use --force-depends to install
> them, I would consider it a bug. But I guess it would not be corrected
> in Sarge in case ...

I didn't end up using force-depends because dpkg gave a better explanation
than apt-get, and I could just install php4 to solve the problem.

> I mean, if an apt-get install squirrelmail tries to uninstall apache-ssl
> in favour of apache2 then it should be classified as a bug. You should
> not have to apt-get install php4 first as php4 is a dependency of
> squirrelmail.
>
> A bug filed is a bug archived.

Fair enough.  If I ever hear back from the maintainer I'll update the bug
report with this information.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
   "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your