Re: Sometimes nothing happens when printing to network printers

On (24/02/06 12:09), Robert Rothenberg wrote:
> I've been having trouble printing to network printers from KDE and Gnome
> applications lately, using CUPS or LP.  No errors show up, and as far as the
> applications are concerned, the documents printed.  But the documents are
> never actually sent to the printers.
>
> There's no problem with the printers. They're mostly HP LaserJets. I've
> checked with the network admins and the other users in the building. They've
> had no such problems.
>
> Killing cupds and restarting it sometimes works.  Rebooting my machine
> always works.  But that's a Windows-style kluge--I'd like to actually fix
> the problem.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong, and how to fix it?

This may be related to a problem I had:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=%23339015

Deleting the file /var/cache/samba/printing/HP895cxi.tdb worked for me;
since filing the bug in November printing has stopped a couple of times.

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...