Re: snd-azx.o was removed from the testing distro

belahcene abdelkader wrote:
hi,
How to install a modules from 2.4 on 2.6 ?
I want to install the module /lib/modules/2.4.27-2-386/updates/alsa/snd-azx.o
 which is in the sable (and not in the testing distro
?!) on my new kernel (2.6).  I searched the packages
there is not such module. Is it elswhere or have I to
recompile the module ?

Alsa is part of the standard 2.6 kernels. Some of the modules have
changed names in the meantime. Why don't you just tell us which audio
hardware you are using, then somebody will surely be able to tell you
what the necessary module is called now.

Regards,
          Florian