Re: Forbidding a version of a package in debian

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 09:48:35PM -0500, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> I'm running debian testing.  I ran "aptitude dist-upgrade" yesterday
> and it wants to install a version of libfreetype6 that I'm worried
> will break my window manager (Window Maker).  I'd like to put that
> version of libfreetype6 on hold until things get sorted out.

Just do this:

echo "libfreetype6 hold" | dpkg --set-selections

When you want to remove the hold, later on, do:

echo "libfreetype6 install" | dpkg --set-selections

Cheers,

Paul

--
Paul Dwerryhouse				| PGP Key ID: 0x6B91B584
Installing Debian Sarge with software RAID: