iptables and syslog

Hello,
  a couple of years ago I designed a firewall with iptables. I wrote some
rules of the kind:
iptables ...... -LOG
The packages that mathed the rule were displayed in /var/log/syslog. Now I
have had to change the firewall, since I had some errors I have written some
rules like
iptables -A INPUT -j LOG --log-level notice
that but I have no information in /var/log/syslog.

  I assume that somthing has change. I have added the line
kern.notice;kern.!warn          /var/log/firewall
but I don't get any information in the file /var/log/firewall

Luis.
--
http://antares.sip.ucm.es/~luis
In a world without walls, who needs Windows(R)?