trouble using debian on tft (dvi or vga connector)

Dear Sir & Madam,

after installing Debian on my machine I encountered a problem when trying to use my TFT-Screen via DVI-Connector, same counts for standard cable. Only when I use my CRT i can see the screen after the boot-up.

Second thing is that my WLAN-Card is recognized but cannot find the access-point, whilst the win-machine, standing right next to the debian, using the same WLAN-Card (DLINK) finds it without any problems.

Thanks for your advice

Stefan Fricke
Email: donnersturm@gmx.de