Re: trouble using debian on tft (dvi or vga connector)

Stefan.Fricke@arcor.net wrote:
Dear Sir & Madam,

after installing Debian on my machine I encountered a problem when trying
to use my TFT-Screen via DVI-Connector, same counts for standard cable.
Only when I use my CRT i can see the screen after the boot-up.

We need more information about your setup before we can help you. For a
start, what flavor of Debian are you using and which version of the
kernel? You can get the necessary information by executing the following
two commands:

uname -a
cat /etc/issue

Also tell us which graphics card you have; a good start for that is the
command "lspci".

Second thing is that my WLAN-Card is recognized but cannot find the
access-point, whilst the win-machine, standing right next to the debian,
using the same WLAN-Card (DLINK) finds it without any problems.

Again we need more info about the wlan-card, which driver you are using,
etc. What is the output of "lsmod" and "iwconfig"?

Regards,
           Florian