Re: wakeonlan from linux to windows ?

Mehmet Fatih Akbulut wrote:

hi all,
i now have two computers. [debian + xp]
i can start linux from windows by sending packets to mac address.
but this method not holds for windows :'(
i know this debian mailing list but writing this email just because of my curiosity ;)
dont know where i am doing wrong ?
any ideas why the other computer doesnt start ?

Cheers,
MFA

Is the win computer atx form?
You need the program to send packets. I did it sometime ago, when I had a linux gateway and I used to wake my home debian desktop from work. Try to google for 'ether-wake', guess that's the name. I had a package for coyote linux, but it can certainly run on debian, with some effort.