DVD ISO files

Hi all,
	I'm new to the list and to Debian itself (but not necessarily
new to linux). I would like to install it and try it out, but I have
some questions.  I have downloaded two files (DVD iso images) that are
named:
debian-31r0a-i386-binary-1.iso.tmp and
debian-31r0a-i386-binary-2.iso.tmp

They are each 2.0GB.  On the download page it lists them as being 4.1
and 4.3GB in size.  Which size is right?  Also, they end in .tmp.  Is
that just a temporary extension?  Can I drop it and burn the iso?  Do
I have the right files?  I downloaded them from
http://ftp.esat.net/pub/linux/debian-cd/3.1_r0a/i386-dvd

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

--
Travis Crook
Visions Beyond