Re: gtk file picker and firefox

On 2/22/06, Nic <nferrier@tapsellferrier.co.uk> wrote:
> A lot of people seem to be using Konqueror because of this which is a
> shame. I've already posted in the thread about how to switch back to
> the old firefox picker.

Will switching back to the old filepicker make "Save as..." in "Page
Info" work again?  One of the more annoying changes I've seen recently
is that many pages will embed media that Firefox can't display
internally.  I've gotten used to hitting C-i, clicking on the "Media"
tab, and downloading the embedded object to play in xine (or
whatever).  Now all I get is an attempt to save a 0-byte image, so I
end up having to reconstruct the full URL and use wget.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh