Re: gtk file picker and firefox

Nic wrote:

The 1.5 mozilla causes us to suffer the GTK file picker. There is a
solution to this at the bottom of this page:
 http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=318860&highlight=filepicker

but I wonder if there isn't a better way.

Is it possible to use GTK theme support to change the way the GTK file
picker operates? It's a pretty awful picker - I'd certainly like to be
able to change it across the board.

Nic

FWIW, I already moved away from firefox to konqueror, the sole reason being the new file picker. God knows how many Linux users they drove away due to this inefficient filepicker.

I saw your link and read the complete thread, it says to edit the file called nsFilePicker.js . On my machine (Debian Sid) this file is available as

/usr/lib/firefox/components/nsFilePicker.js

So does this mean only root can change this? or Is there a way to change the filepicker based on user configurations without any root permissions?

thanks
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi