Re: Where Is the ChangeLog for Packages?

Wednesday, 22 February 2006 10:43, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> I'm trying to find the changelog for the kernel-image-2.6.8-2-686
> package. Since packages.debian.org is down, the temporary site
> doesn't seem to have this info.  I need to see if any changes were
> made that effect serial port drivers.

Assuming you have the package installed (as it seems from reading your

/usr/share/doc/kernel-image-2.6.8-2-686/changelog.Debian.gz

Other documentation which may further identify significant changes for
the kernel should also be in that directory.

If you do not have it installed, you can use the -d option to aptitude
(or equivalent) to download the package. In /var/cache/apt/archives,
you will then find the deb file, which is really just an ar archive
containing (among other things) a tarball called data.tar.gz, which in
turn contains the gzipped changelog.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/