Re: firefox memory leak

L.V.Gandhi wrote:

I am not BLAMING but SUSPECTING firefox from bacports NOT from debian.

I did not mean to use word "blame" in any negative way.

I think memory leak will not be regained after the application is
closed.

It will.

Even after closing the application causing leak, memory can't
be regained as it hangs anf becomes unusable. I hope dev gurus here
will agree with me.

What hangs? Your computer or the application (Firefox)?

further as I said no other application was
running.

That is not true. You said that you run "konsole". If this is not a typo, "konsole" is a terminal emulator for KDE, and KDE is a set of applications. Not all applications are visible in your desktop.

Yes I have checked randomly FF uses CPU time even 90% and memory 40%.
Here is the timed free for this boot

Please post output of "top -b -n 1" after you start loosing memory.

I am not talking about responsibilty. Many users here use firefox from
bacports as ff1.5 is vailable there.

It is also available in Debian Unstable. You might want to try it, if possible.