setting up software RAID 1+0

Installing Debian 3.1 on a box with 4 SCSI 18.2 GB HD.  SCSI card is a non-RAID adaptec card.

I am trying to set up the 4 drives as 2 RAID0 of 36 Gig each mirrored (RAID1)

SO far, I am able to get the two 36 GB RAID0 partitions set up, but then when I try to create another MD, it says I don?t have any more RAID partitions created.  When I go back to the partioner, I am not able to make either RAID0 block into a RAID device.

>From what I have read, I should be able to create a RAID1 from the two RAID0 blocks I have (each RAID0 is made up of 2 drives)

It?s possible I?m just not thinking about this the right way ? what am I missing?

Morgan