Re: Sound problems

On Friday February 17 2006 5:22 pm, Jan Schledermann wrote:

| You don't mention what kind of sound server you are using on your system.
| In KDE you should probably be using ALSA (with arts emulation).
| The problems you are mentioning could be caused by "the real" arts
| conflicting with ALSA.
| Try the following in the control center:
|
|         1) Chose ALSA as the sound server instead of "auto" (if it is on
| auto). 2) Set the time-out on idling to a much lower value than the
| default, say 3 seconds. This will prevent the soundserver from being
| allocated for a longer period of time to only ONE app.

Jan -

Thank you!  Yes, I should have mentioned I'm using ALSA.  It was on auto, so
I've changed that and changing the idle time reduces the problem!  I'm glad
it was nothing more major than that...

Rosina

--
Rosina Bignall
lists@rosinabignall.com

Fortune of the day:
"You can't expect a mother to be with a small child all the time," Margaret
Mead once remarked, with her usual good sense, but in 1978 she shocked
feminists by snapping that women don't really have children to put them in
day care twelve hours a day, either.
		-- Caroline Bird, "The Two Paycheck Marriage"