Re: Laptop battery

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:51:59 +0000
john gennard <joney@clara.co.uk> wrote:

	Just before Christmas, I bought a secondhand T20
Laptop and installed Sarge which works fine.

	The vendor said there was a battery which 'worked
well'.

<snip>

	I've just recharged the battery which took just
over 23 minutes to reach 'fully charged'. Then switching
to it, in one minute I got 'Running off battery 11 mins
left' quickly followed by 'running out 0 mins left'.

	It would seem that I've been 'sold a pup',

Battery technology is still stuck in the 1960's, it seems to me.

Along with the other suggestions, you can always crack open the battery case and replace all the cells inside with new (roughly equivalent) rechargeable cells; generally somewhat cheaper than a new battery, albeit it takes a little more effort.

--
Kent