Re: Cleaning /tmp regularly using bootclean.sh + crond

Josep Serrano wrote:
> Yes, tmpreaper does the job. But here I was preteding to simply reuse the
> bootclean.sh by simply making a symlink. Why installing an addittional package if
> you already have the stuff to the the job?
>
> Maybe I am wrong and it is a bad idea using bootclean.sh in crond ?

bootclean.sh is not secure for use on multiuser systems. It is very easy
to trick it into deleting files that are not in /tmp.

Note that tmpreaper is also insecure for use on multiuser systems,
despite the protestations of its maintainer to the contrary.

--
see shy jo