Re: How to start an application automatically after X is started up?

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 11:32:59PM +0800, Deephay wrote:
> I heard that the ~/.xinitrc is not for start some application after X is started up,
> so I think it is totally wrong to modify the .xinitrc file, that's the reason why I
> didn't mention the error message...is there another way to do this thing?
> I am currently using XFCE desktop environment.

I use KDE not XFCE but a google search found this for "XFCE autostart":
http://xfce-diary.blogspot.com/2005/07/autostart-editor.html
http://www.nabble.com/xfce4-autostart-editor-versus-Sessions-t563835.html

I think you have to have the xfce4-session deb installed for this to
work.
--
Ken Wahl