Re: linux-source-2.6.15 in sarge

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 16:34 +0000, Jon Dowland wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 02:17:12PM -0200, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> > Hi, thanks for the answer! In fact, I downloaed the .deb file from
> > unstable and installed by hand with dpkg. The installation went fine,
> > without complains about other files. My question is about the
> > compiling process itself. Will the tools presents in sarge produce a
> > reliable 2.6.15 kernel for sarge?
>
> Define 'reliable' -- as reliable as any 2.6.15 kernel, at least :)
>
> Take a look at the `kernel-package' package. It lets you build a kernel
> .deb from any source tree (e.g. kernel.org's), with your own custom
> .config file and your own EXTRAVERSION (e.g. 2.5.15-my-own-kernel).

Hello Jon,

I found that the readme of the linux-source-2.6.15 tree points to the
Documentation/Changes file in the same tree for the minimum version
numbers of the programs required for compilation. Apparently, all files
shipped with sarge are OK for compiling and running the 2.6.15 kernel...

cheers

Marcelo
--
Marcelo Chiapparini