Re: linux-source-2.6.15 in sarge

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 02:17:12PM -0200, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> Hi, thanks for the answer! In fact, I downloaed the .deb file from
> unstable and installed by hand with dpkg. The installation went fine,
> without complains about other files. My question is about the
> compiling process itself. Will the tools presents in sarge produce a
> reliable 2.6.15 kernel for sarge?

Define 'reliable' -- as reliable as any 2.6.15 kernel, at least :)

Take a look at the `kernel-package' package. It lets you build a kernel
.deb from any source tree (e.g. kernel.org's), with your own custom
.config file and your own EXTRAVERSION (e.g. 2.5.15-my-own-kernel).

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/