Re: linux-source-2.6.15 in sarge

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 10:31 -0500, Colin wrote:
> Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like to compile and install the kernel 2.6.15 in my sarge box.
> > Can I do it with the tools presents in sarge? or I must upgrade
> > something?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> I'd try taking a linux-package-2.6.15-1-686 package from etch and try to
> install that.  If that fails, then you need the kernel-package and
> build-essential packages and read the
> /usr/share/doc/kernel-package/README.gz file.

Hi, thanks for the answer! In fact, I downloaed the .deb file from
unstable and installed by hand with dpkg. The installation went fine,
without complains about other files. My question is about the compiling
process itself. Will the tools presents in sarge produce a reliable
2.6.15 kernel for sarge?

Thanks!

Marcelo

--