Re: switching to kernel 2.6 - diald error: "No pty found ..."

I wrote:

John Hasler wrote:

Daniel writes:

Is Sarge's diald supposed to work with kernel 2.6.8 and udev?

Do you really need diald at all?  What does it do for you that dial on
demand can't?

I don't know; maybe nothing.

However, I'd like to avoid changing too many things at once.  (At the
moment I'm trying to try a 2.6 kernel to see if it finally avoids severe
filesystem corruption when I try to enable DMA on my AMD IDE controller.)

So, does anyone know if there a solution to the "No pty in range
pty[p-s][0-9a0-f]" problem?

Okay, never mind the pty question; I did drop diald and use pppd's
demand-dialing option.

Daniel