Re: udev strangeness in Sid?

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 03:28:26PM +0100, Florian Kulzer wrote:
[..]
>I then found out that the problem is absent when I create my initrd
>with yaird instead of mkinitramfs. The yaird-generated initrd is also
>much smaller than the one from mkinitramfs (939 KB vs 2.1 MB).

Ah, didn't even know there were alternatives to mkinitrd. I was pretty
happy about the size reduction when swtiching from 'most' to 'dep' in
initramfs.conf. That took it from 4.5MB to 2.7MB. Switching to yaird
brought it down to 1.2MB as well as take away all the error messages.

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Of course I laugh at my own jokes. You can't trust strangers.
     -- Phyllis Diller