Re: Tiny fonts in Blackbox

Juanjavier Martínez wrote:
> Marc Wilson wrote:
>>On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 07:35:49AM +0100, Juanjavier Martínez wrote:
>>
>>> Checked from top to bottom .blackboxrc file: didn't find where to specify
>>> the size of the fonts :-(
>>
>> The size of *what* fonts?  The fonts that applications are using, or the
>> fonts that the window manager is using for things like window titles?
>
> The latter ones, since I am posting regarding a blackbox issue ;-)
>
>> Blackbox has no control over what applications do.  Its own fonts are
>> controlled by the style you tell it to use.
>
> Great!
>
> So how could I tell it to use bigger fonts on desktop and menus?

Uh, by following the directions given in the FAQ?

> Taken from the Blackbox FAQ http://blackboxwm.sourceforge.net/BlackboxFAQ/NewQuestions
>
> *A1:* You can change the fonts on the window title bars by editing the
> current style file which you're
> using and changing the *font or window.title*font resource. To find out
> what style file you're currently
> using, grep your Blackbox config file (usually ~/.blackboxrc for
> session.styleFile).

Which seems to spell out fairly clearly what to do here.

> As I stated above, found nothing on the .blackboxrc file (attached to this
> mail) regarding
> "font-size-on-desktop-environment" to tell it to do so.

Why are you looking in .blackboxrc for something called
"font-size-on-desktop-environment"?  That's not what the FAQ, which
you quoted above, tells you to do.

Marc Wilson indicates above that the font is set in the style you
use.  The FAQ entry you quoted above says you change the font by
editing the style file you're using.  That's two different
directions to look at the style file you're using.  So it'd seem to
me that what you'd wanna do at this point is *look at the style file
you're using*.

So what style file are you using?  Where do you look?  Well, the FAQ
entry you quoted above says to look in .blackboxrc for the property
"session.styleFile" to find out what style file you're using.  So, it'd
seem to me that you'd wanna look for that property in your .blackboxrc.

-c