Re: OpenOffice 2.0 Sarge or Etch

On 02/08/2006, L.V.Gandhi wrote:

> My help file was removed. nothing is available for 2 in backports.

Install the help file for 2.0 from unstable; it has no dependency
problems in sarge.  Use dpkg -i or, as I do, keep a mixed sarge/sid
system and manage with apt preferences (man apt_preferences).

Here's what I have installed and working nicely on my sarge systems:
> ~$ dpkg -l '*openoffice*' |grep ii
> ii  openoffice.org 2.0.0-1bpo3    OpenOffice.org office suite - database
> ii  openoffice.org 2.0.0-1bpo3    OpenOffice.org office suite - spreadsheet
> ii  openoffice.org 2.0.0-1bpo3    OpenOffice.org office suite architecture ind
> ii  openoffice.org 2.0.0-1bpo3    OpenOffice.org office suite architecture dep
> ii  openoffice.org 2.0.0-1bpo3    OpenOffice.org office suite - drawing
> ii  openoffice.org 2.0.0-3        English_american help for OpenOffice.org
> ii  openoffice.org 2.0.0-1bpo3    OpenOffice.org office suite - presentation
> ii  openoffice.org 2.0.0-1bpo3    OpenOffice.org office suite Java support arc
> ii  openoffice.org 2.0.0-1bpo3    English_american language package for OpenOf
> ii  openoffice.org 2.0.0-1bpo3    OpenOffice.org office suite - word processor

I've had good luck with the bpo (backports.org) packages.

Regards,
Ralph