Re: PDF with big honkin images

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 09:17:13PM +0100, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> I have now figured out how to do it with ghostscript from the command
> line (after first failing with the "-r" option). The command is:
>
> gs -q -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dDownsampleColorImages=true
> -dColorImageResolution=300 -sOutputFile=small.pdf big.pdf

This is great, thanks.

I originally stated that there were 120 or so images in the PDF.
Turns out there's only 40, but a where images are side-by-side in the
original PDF, or have text to the left or right side, the images
extracted out as many thin horizontal slices.

So, although the down sampling managed to make the file less than 10%
of the original, the images that exported as slices now display in the
final pdf all sliced up.  Very odd.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org