Re: unmet dependencies

I think you pointed out my problem correctly. So, I tried to install unstable libc-dev and solved the problem.

On 2/6/06, Florian Kulzer <florian@molphys.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:
linux china wrote:
> Hi,
> How to fix below unmet dependencies?
>
> # aptitude install libc6-dev
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree
> Reading extended state information
> Initializing package states... Done
> Reading task descriptions... Done
> E: Unable to correct dependencies, some packages cannot be installed
> E: Unable to resolve some dependencies!
> Some packages had unmet dependencies.  This may mean that you have
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>   libc6-dev: Depends: libc6 (= 2.3.2.ds1-22 ) but 2.3.5-12 is installed.

That looks like you are trying to install an older version of libc6-dev
which is incompatible with the current version of libc6 that you have
already installed (and which cannot be removed since a lot of programs
depend on it). Please post the output of the following two commands:
apt-cache policy libc6
apt-cache policy libc6-dev

Regards,
            Florian