High availability interner connection

Hi,

I'm trying to get high availability internet connection for the LAN of my company.

I basically have two servers connected to the internet.
Each server has 2 dedicated internet connections hooked to 2 different providers.

So far, I managed to get the servers to route the packets properly (Thanks to the LARTC).

What I'd like to achieve now is that workstations connected to the lan (Mainly windows, and a few linux boxes) can reach the outside world without reconfiguration even in case of a server failure.

I tried setting up two default routers via dhcp.

The clients get the 2 default routes. But, when the first router is down, the clients are unable to reach the internet.

A solution would be to use a proxy on both servers, but this is a solution I do NOT want to use.

Do you have any good experience with this kind of setup, apart from using heartbeat to get a "floating" IP address as the default gateway?

Thanks

Laurent