Re: Exim GMail smarthost

> Doesn't the router,  transport and TLS have to be configured as well ?

> All I had to do on my sarge box was configure with debconf for
> smarthost delivery with smtp.gmail.com for the server, then add the
> second line to the passwd.config file and e-mails were sent just fine.

Hm, well that's puzzling to me. Are you using a monolithic setup or
individual Exim4 config files ? Not that this should matter.

Could I trouble you to see what you have in your transport/router setup,
at your convenience of course ?  Most mine appear uncommented.

> Actually, I did have to make the extra steps of punching holes in my
> firewall and having port 25 forwarded from the DSL modem/router to the
> appropriate box.  Could that be your problem?  It slipped my mind and
> had me confused for a little while before I remembered needing to do
> that.

Good suggestion.

I don't think so. Thunderbird works just fine sending smtp via
Yahoo/GMail without me needing to do anything special with the same
router -- It's a different box, and I didn't set up the debian box with
a firewall.