Re: USB flash drive not automounting or mounting

On Sunday 05 February 2006 9:36 pm, Marc Shapiro so eloquently stated:
Brendan wrote:
> On Sunday 05 February 2006 18:13, Marc Wilson wrote:
>>IMHO automount is an incredibly broken behavior.  Gnome users swear that
>>it's desirable, though.  Your mileage may vary.
>
> Why do you think that?

>with commandline mount and umount commands.  They just work and I know
>the state of my filesystems.  I use fvwm on my own box, but this one
>will be for my 5 year old daughter, and since it came with KDE, I
>thought that it would be easier for her if I just left it that way and
>put icons on the desktop for those programs that I want her to have easy
>access to.  There will be no need for removable devices on a regular
>basis, and if there is I can mount it myself, as needed.

Yes, in the KDE Control Center, go to Desktop/Behavior and pick the Device
Icons tab. You can there either pick the stuff you want to appear, or uncheck
"Show Device Icons".

Rob

--
Mountlake Terrace, WA, USA