Re: OT : K9Copy Problems

Scarletdown wrote:
On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 11:41 -0800, Scarletdown wrote:

When I check out the newly created ISO, it is only 2MB, which I know is
not how it should be, considering the original was 4.9GB (.2GB too big
to fit a SL DVD-R).  Apparently, all the ISO contains is the DVD menu.
This is confirmed by loading the ISO in XINE.  The menu indeed comes up,
but clocking on 'Play Movie' gives me a 'Source can't be read' error.

So now, if anyone here can make heads or tails of the above problem, can
you please tell me how to actually get this damn program to work?
k9copy looks like the only native Linux solution for compressing a DVD
image to fit on a 4.7GB disk.  It's just a shame that there are no help
files or an actual support forum for this, because otherwise, it looks
like a potential killer app for Linux, or at least a great component for
a suite of potential killer apps for full-blown DVD production.

As an update in the troubleshooting process, I went ahead and burned
 the ISO directly to a DVD+RW disk.  The problem remains.  However, I
 do see now that although the menu was properly burned to the disk as
 VIDEO_TS.VOB (1,016KB MPEG Video), the movie itself shows as
 VTS_01_1.VOB (0KB Empty Document).

I'm not sure what to try next in the troubleshooting process.

I have had problems with keeping the original menus on the DVD's. Try to skip that.

/Magnus