Re: High availability interner connection

Star King of the Grape Trees a écrit :
I have no experience in this, but my suspicion is that you could setup the dhcpd in such a way to advertise the new route - surely most networks can handle a 2-minute downtime?

We would have to wait for lease renewal, or set up a very slow renewal time which is IMHO bad, and not automated (since I would have to recno

Another route would be to use small subnets, with a server in each. Each subnet has a single point of failure, but if that goes down, only a small number of machines are affected. These servers, however, could be setup in a partial-mesh style network, such that no single server downtime will affect any other server. Again, I have no idea how complicated this is in practice.

This seems to be a bit overkill.
Isn't it?