Re: Lost partitions

James Hudspeth wrote:

I recently installed Debian Sarge i386 to dual-boot with XP Home. This is not the first time I have installed Linux to dual boot with Windows, I used to have Mandrake/Mandriva. With Mandrake, I could access the data held on my windows partitions through /mnt/windows_c/, /mnt/windows_d/ and so on. /mnt/ is empty on my Debian install, both as my user and as root.

Is there any way short of re-installing that I can get Debian to recognise these drives? Could I be missing mount points, and if so, how would I get them? I mostly want access to my mp3s.

Any help is appreciated ahead of time,

--James.

sudo mkdir /mnt/windows_c
sudo mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows_c -o uid=james

(this assumes your C: partition is on /dev/hda1, and your username is james and you want james to have access to the mounted partition).

This will work for this session only; if you want it to work this way everytime, you'll have to put the relevant settings in "/etc/fstab".

--
Kent