Re: Missing public keys in aptitude

Yann Lejeune wrote:
On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 10:46:49AM -0500, Daniel B. wrote :

Oh, okay.  Can you point me to how to import keys into gpg (e.g.,
which commands man page/info page/etc says how to import and maybe
how debmirror might be querying gpg for the key)?

# Install debian key
# Solution 1 - from pgp key server
gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys keyid
gpg --armor --export keyid | apt-key add -

# Solution 2 - from debian server
wget http://ftp-master.debian.org/ziyi_key_2005.asc -O - | apt-key add -
wget http://ftp-master.debian.org/ziyi_key_2006.asc -O - | apt-key add -

Regards

I think that these things don't work for the people using Sarge and
debmirror; at least that is the impression I got from the reaction to my
earlier post. (The fact that this question was inserted into a thread
about aptitude in Sid makes it more difficult to give an appropriate
answer, of course.)

So let me try again:
It seems to me ("man debmirror", search for "key") that debmirror
expects to find the archive signing key in the public keyring of the
user which runs it, i.e.
~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg

Therefore I think it will be enough to import the signing key with gpg:

gpg --keyserver keyring.debian.org --recv-keys 2D230C5F

(with 2D230C5F being the key ID of the 2006 archive signing key), as
long as you run this command as the same user who will later run debmirror.

I hope this works.

Regards,
            Florian