Re: Missing public keys in aptitude

Hello

Daniel B. (<REMOVEdanielTHIS@fgm.com>) wrote:
> Florian Kulzer wrote:
>> David Kirchner wrote:

>>> Neither are found on my Sarge install, and I don't see them in
>>> aptitude.

Probably because you use Sarge, and apt in Sarge doesn't check the GPG
signatures of the Release files. It only checks the md5sums of the
Package files (which are stored in the Release file). If you use Sarge
(without backported apt from somewhere else!), this problem shouldn'd
occur, because not only apt-key, but the whole GPG stuff is not
implemented in your apt. debmirror seems to be a different issue,
however. It looks like debmirror from Sarge /does/ check GPG
signatures, and you probably can solve the problem by importing the
matching keys using gpg.

>>> I've been watching the list, reading most of these threads. I've
>>> seen plenty of people having trouble with it but few solutions. Can
>>> you send a link to the archived post that includes a solution?
>>>

>> The original message by Joey Hess:
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2006/01/msg00291.html
>
> That is not a link that includes a solution--that message says to use
> the command apt-key, which, as David pointed out, does not exist in
> Sarge.

David also didn't say /he/ had the problem. By the way, if you take a
closer look, you will see that the OP in the thread mentioned above
uses unstable.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270